What are DWG Files
The drawings that are created in AutoCAD are all stored in the file extension dwg. They store 2D or 3D drawings and data that tells about the content. It is supported by the ASCII version .DXF.
This is mainly used in the field of designing and drawings or art. “Computer Aided Design” products are also one of the technical support systems for dwg. They are needed in professional fields of designing and for all the professional design plans.
Open dwg file
Go for the easiest way first of double-clicking it and letting Windows decide which program to use for opening it.
If it doesn't open then the right software it is not installed in your system. Then, you need to download and install an application to view and edit these on your system. The software that can open these format are:
- Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Autodesk DWG TrueView.
- Autodesk Design Review.
- Bricsys Bricscad.
- Dassault Systemes DraftSight.
- Ashampoo Photo Commander by Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- DWG DXF Sharp Viewer.
- Any PDF to DWG Converter.
- eDrawings Viewer.
All of the above-mentioned programs may vary in opening the files as since 2000 there have been lot versions of this format, they are all the same but the difference lies in their file structure which makes it difficult to open.
Programs opening these may be different due to the versions like 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010, and 2013 which tend to be different in their structure and lead to different software in viewing and editing them.
Ways to open
According to Wiki How there are three ways to open it:
- After opening click on “File”.
- Then “Open”.
- “AutoCAD Drawing (*.dwg; *.dxf)” from the types of files section.
- Select the file and click “open” and it will be in front of you.
- First of all download AutoCAD 360, it is free and is available on all iOS, Android and Windows.
- Then after downloading and installing AutoCAD 360. Open the one that you want to open and it will automatically open in AutoCAD 360 so you do not have to worry about any other setting.
- With this, you can view your .dwg file without installing any additional plug-ins or buying any function.
- Select “Upload your design”.
- Then there a blank screen will be there on which you have to drag and drop the .dwg that you want to view.
- If your file is in the dropbox or Google drive then you can select "Upload files".
Here you have the answer even if someone mails you then the above-mentioned list is where you will find the best ways to view your .dwg.
These can be created even on other platforms that are Autodesk based.