What is RAR?
File extension RAR is the old school version of WinRAR achiever. Its full form is Roshal Archives. Its job is to compress your files and give you more disk space so that your storage is not always full. They act as a deep container in which all your files fit as it stores them in compressed forms. Downloading it is not enough, you have to unzip or unpack it to use it. Their ratio of compression is higher than that of the basic ZIP and uses an algorithm that now is used by other compression extensions. The extensions are downloadable from multiple sources online.
Opening RAR files (on windows):
- The file you download from https://www.rarlab.com/ will be different depending upon the operating system of your computer.
- Click on the “Downloads” area on the left side. Then select if your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit and click on that accordingly.
- Once it is downloaded. Go to My Computer, then downloads and then check for the one you downloaded. Click on it, and the WinRAR installation or setup window will appear if you have it already or you will have to download it.
- After installing it, it will appear on your desktop and if not then you can open file explorer and find it there.
- Now open the RAR that you wanted to open, and it will automatically open in the WinRAR. A purchasing option will pop you can close it.
- Choose the file or folder and click on "Extract."
- Select the destination as a destination path window will appear.
- Click “OK” and now it is ready to be opened up and viewed as a normal folder on windows.
- File extension RAR helps you to create different volume archives and self-extracting.
- All your damaged archives can be reconstructed and by using its records of recovery. It allows for the reconstruction of your damaged articles physically.
- Its download is not at all pricey as it offers updates to be downloaded for free.
- It is compatible with all the versions of Windows including Windows 10.
- Once you purchase the WinRAR license, then you have access to all the features. You do not need to buy different additional features or purchase anything for a normal function. All of it is included.
- Files as big as 8,589 billion gigabytes can be archived and it supports them all.
- All of the updates that are always happening can be downloaded or updated from https://www.rarlab.com/ without any costs as every update is free which makes it the best option. All of it gets registered on the license.
- There is no need to uninstall the older version to update for a new version.
RAR is great at compressing files in one and saving your disk space. It uses a compression algorithm which is totally different.